Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Improved Baphitaur/Minotaur Head.



I haven't posted anything in awhile. It's about time. I just wanted to show a shot of the head I've been working on.

Honestly, I was never completely satisfied with the original Baphitaur/Minotaur head I originally did for LadyE. I knew I could do better. I added a couple of new programs to my arsenal, and have a few more months of experience. So, I decided to take another crack at the head.

List of improvements:

1) The head and horns are one mesh, and separately tintable. Less faces than a typical half-orc head. The eyes are not tintable.

2) The mohawk/mane is a hair option, tintable via hair tints. Original OEI, and modified to fit.

3)The beard is a facial hair option, tintable via hair tints. Original OEI, modified.

4) The nose/earring jewelry, and the horn tips are separate helmet options, and are tintable. I made a new custom armor category for this and all future custom armor I make.

Well, I hope some will find this a suitable improvement. I hope to have it packaged up very soon once it goes through the final bit of testing.

6 comments:

Jclef said...

That head is really well done. The eyes do it for me, in particular.

Bravo!

Ladyelvenstar said...

Yeah, didn't he do a good job! I am very happy with the progress so far. :)

E.C.Patterson said...

Way to go Dar! Nice work. :)

Alex said...

WOW! ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT NOW NOW NOW PLEEEEASE!!! :D

SirChet said...

Simply Fantastic.

This is an excellent example of what a talented artist can do when he has enough tools and patience for it.

The picture posted doesn't do it justice, for it looks far better in game. I've been testing it with the OC and I am very impressed with just how professional this comes across.

Great Job Michael!

Daronas said...

Thank you very much for the great comments everyone!

I almost didn't go forward with this. I'm very glad that I did. I learned lots of new things. I think the lack of sleep, and rough days at work was worth it. :)