A new threat has come to Faerun’s heartland, one that recalls the tragic events of a not so distant past…
Back in 1356 DR, Lashan Aumersair, Lord of Scardale, launched a series of lightning attacks against his neighbours, guided by a foul dream of rulership over all Dalelands.
Fortunately, the tyrant was stopped just in time.
But one man has now surfaced, who apparently seeks to succeed where Lashan failed.
You, along with a few other adventurers, have been selected to hunt down the man behind this new threat and put a stop to his frightening plans.
This chase will take you under the dark canopy of Cormanthor forest, to the outskirts of the legendary elven city of
An adventure that will take you deep… Into the Forgotten Realms.
Welcome to Ed Greenwood’s Into the Forgotten Realms, a new NWN2 mod that I am producing with the help of the rest of the Gaming Parents Studios team.
The mod is based on the classic AD&D adventure of the same name written by Ed Greenwood and published in Dragon Magazine #95 in March 1985 (back when I used to DM PnP a bit…). The original adventure is being complemented with additional content and the storyline has been updated to fit into present-day Forgotten Realms.
Some of the mod’s key features:
- Around 4 hours of gameplay
- Starting level in the 6-8 range, with about 2 levels gained in game
- 4 companions to make up a well-rounded adventuring party
- Play with your favourite character: no class, race or alignment restrictions
- Extensive use of community-made custom content, from armor to VFX, as well as tilesets and weapons (including work by GPS)
- Single-player, with plans for multiplayer compatibility
- Complete, standalone adventure
I hope to be able to release in late spring-early summer 2008.
This is currently project #3 for Gaming Parents Studios. Our priority remains getting NHIN2 ready for release and then completing A Time to Die – Act 1. Of course, since we are not all working exclusively on any one project, ItFR will continue to evolve alongside these two projects.
Like other GPS mods, this one will also be a team effort:
Daronas has already started making some great custom content for the mod,
- Xandurpein will be writing a good part of the companion convos,
- SirChet will edit all text and be the lead beta tester,
- LadyElvenstar and Jackyo, once A Time to Die, Act 1 and NHIN2 – the projects they respectively lead – are out the door, will also lend their talent to the production,
- And everyone is providing great ideas and advice to make the mod as authentic and fun an experience as possible.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know at this stage, please do leave a comment here, by all means. I’ll do my best to respond, without giving too, too much away of course! ; )
Thanks for your interest! I’ll try to report back once in a while on progress made and to post more screenshots.