Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blood Altar




Hi Everyone.

For my initial entry I thought I'd show you my latest project. The 'blood altar' placeable.

This came about when LadyE mentioned she was doing a vampire area for her ATtD module. I had modeled a concept of the altar a couple of years ago. I thought it would be cool to actually model it and texture it for NWN2.

The top is easily filled with red water to look like blood. The idea behind the braziers, is to keep the blood warm. Though the altar was modeled with this concept in mind, it can be used for any general purpose.

One day I'll have to get around to packing all this stuff up for distribution. :)

4 comments:

EC said...

That's very cool Dar! It would be especially creepy with a placeable corpse on top of it.

Daronas said...

Thanks E.C. It's hard for me to believe this concept from 2 years ago, is actually in a game. And it actually turned out better than I thought it would. :)

Ryshara said...

Yes, it looks awesome! I love the textures and it turned out even better than I had imagined it would. Great job!

Daronas said...

Thanks Eva. The gold ornament texture I had sitting on my hard drive. I thought it would pretty cool as some kind of trim. I was hoping you'd like it. :)